4 weeks study plan for CCNA Routing and Switching exam
Certification: CCNA Routing and Switching - Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching
First of all, congratulations for having started out studying for CCNA which also means that you have started out your research work pertaining to CCNA and there's no end in order to whenever you could possibly conclude; you sense weighed down. I mean when you simply started out researching and received zero thinking about how to analyze.
So, the guide can be used for preparation by the candidates for CCNA and it will help you clear the exam with only 4 weeks of preparation but only if you abide by the rules.
Everybody appears to have a ton of issues with twofold, binary & subnetting first, so ace this point in the first place itself. Then while you are perusing the books, drill the active sessions in the meantime with the hand – on experience. The topics that must be taken care of in the first week itself are:
- Introduction to networking and the building blocks of the same, different types of networking, OSI reference and TCP/IP model.
- Cabling and various types of Ethernet technologies, Cisco Layer 3 Model and the summary of the chapter.
- Subnetting along with IP addressing, classes, types and composition of the IP addressing, Public IP and private IP addresses.
- Subnetting basics and variable subnet length masks, summarization of routes and troubleshooting the IP addressing.
I am expecting you will use however long it takes you to complete the process of perusing everything accessible to you on every subject consistently whether that implies examining 2 hours or mulling over 8 hours to accomplish the occupation. A percentage of the subjects are short, there are very little accessible to study. On those days, get a head begin on the following subject and don’t overlook toreview subjects you have perused over as of now that you may discover troublesome.
Portray the reason and capacities of different system gadgets
Watch the features and videos you have on that subject, take notes, read the pages applicable from the book/s you have. Go for any recreation/s accessible; do practice tests on the point.
The exam number 640 – 840 required for your certification process contain a total of 8 sections listed in the blueprint for the examination accounting for 76 subtopics in total.
The basic topics that you must overcome in this week are as follows:
- Introduction to switches, IOS and Cisco routers, use of CLI i.e. command line interface, basic configuration of switches and router.
- Gather the information and verify the configuration, configure the router interfaces along with DHCP and DNS and take the CCNA Lab 1 at this point in time.
- Restoring, backing up, erasing and saving the IOS and configuration file, use of password recovery through a Cisco router, Cisco discovery and protocol and use of Telnet via IOS.
- Basics of IP routing, understanding the operations of the same, default, dynamic and static routing, routing metrics and administrative details and classifying routing protocols.
- Routing loops and redistribution, default route and static lab, routing protocols of RIPv2 and RIPv1, configuring, troubleshooting and verifying the RIP.
- Basics to enhanced gateway interior protocol routing and configuring the EIGRP, troubleshoot and verify the same, operations and configuration of OSPF.
- Redistribution and summary routes for OSP and EIGRP, and take the labs for RIP, EGRP and OSP at this point.
This is the high time of making a transformation in your daily schedule. It will require you to complete 2 sections each and every week to get your mastery on the same. That means, you nearly have around three and a half days for each section if you wish to complete your preparation in the 4 weeks time limit. Also, it is mandatory to note that any difficult topic or section can take a bit longer than usual and don’t forget to cope that extra time with the easier topics you encounter on your process. Also, take care that you will also need a bit of extra time at last for the hands – on practice of the skills you have acquired in the 4 weeks time range.
Take in THE PROTOCOLS.
In the event that you are going to get preparing for it however, then run as fast as you can to Global Knowledge and take their brief trainings. The Cisco teachers are downright spectacular. Furthermore they take the exams they're instructing for at regular intervals to verify they know precisely how to equip you for the tests. Anyhow learning it for the accreditation is fine and great, however learning it to comprehend it is much better.
The topics for this week include spanning tree and switching protocol, understanding the functioning and configuration for catalyst switch, Cisco additions for STP, RSTP and Ether channel, VLAN spanning and Rapid spanning, BPDU filter and guard, labs for STP and Port security, VTP and VLAN, MAC addressing able, types of ports and VLANs, VLAN trunking and protocol, VLAN routing and configuration, Network security and Cisco firewalls, security for Layer 2, secure communication and device management.
This is the high time and you need to push on the accelerator to achieve the thing you want. Study the subjects as much as you can, comprehend the innovation, and get a few reenactments exams i.e. Boson and pull out all the stops.
The topics for this week includes secure communication and access list, standard and extended access list, remote access and switch port, network translation address, static and dynamic configuration of NAT, NAT troubleshooting and WAN, PPP configuration and concepts, frame relay and VPN, encryption and IPv6, IP services and IOS Net flow.
In the end, I am listing some of the pro tips that will surely help you in better preparation for the exam.
- Tip 1 – Know precisely what is there in your exam! This may sound rather self-evident, yet it is astounding to me what number of learners doesn’t think to completely and precisely explore this. Furthermore the extraordinary news is, Cisco makes this unbelievably simple. For every exam, Cisco distributes a composed exam "Blueprint." This plan spells out for learners what is secured in the specific exam.
- Tip 2 – Make use of a tracker and keep rating yourself. Presently that you recognize what is on the exam, track your advancement towards dominance of that topic. You can construct this tracker utilizing the data within the exam blueprint. It's a decent thought to create a rating framework inside the tracker, and rate yourself sincerely and precisely for each one subject.
- Tip 3 – Search study material that is a good fit for you! You have to verify you are able to "test drive" the study materials you anticipate utilizing. This may mean you download a specimen section of the book you want to utilize, or it may imply that you sit in a hour of a class.
To summarize it, schedule the examination when you are prepared to crack it. It generally befuddles me when I find out about learners who plan an exam for a couple of weeks out, and afterward are squashed by the exam. Most learners let me know that it is on account of they have to calendar the exam to get them roused to study for it. Don’t make this mistake and schedule after doing a good research. Good Luck!
Related IT Guides
- CCNA Routing and Switching scope and sequence
- CCNA Routing and Switching: LAN switching and WAN technology
- Describe WAN Technologies
- Detailed analysis of various sections of CCNA Routing and Switching Exam
- How to configure and verify OSPF
- How to configure and verify syslog
- How to configure PVSTP operation: root bridge elections and spanning tree protocol IP addressing (IPv4 & IPv6)
- How to create a static route for CCNA routing and switching
- How to install and operate Cisco LAN switches
- How to prepare well for CCNA Routing and Switching 200-101
- How to Resolve Spanning Tree Operation Issues
- How to Troubleshoot and Resolve ACL issues
- IP Data Networks: common applications and their impact on the network
- Recommended books for CCNA Routing and switching exam
- The basics of IPV6 addresses: Global
- What are Common Network Problems
- What are Network device security features?
- What is included in CCNA Routing and Switching Curriculum?
- Which abilities CCNA Routing and Switching certification validates?
- Why and how passing scores are changed from time to time for CCNA Routing and Switching?