What skills are required to sit for CCNP security exam?
Certification: CCNP Security - CCNP Security Certification
What is the CCNP Security Certification Exam?
The Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security), mainly validates and sanctions a certain level of skills and knowledge for security in routers, networking devices, appliances and switches, specifically those used in network using equipment from Cisco. The main job role and specialist involved with getting the CCNP Security certification is the Cisco Network Security Engineer. The course outline of the CCNP Security mainly involves that the student get to understand more on choosing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting firewalls, IDS/IPS and VPNS solutions, for the networking environments. For one to qualify for the CCNP Security certification, they need to have a certification in any of the following, the CCNA Security certification or any of the CCIE certifications. One can also qualify if they have a valid CCNA Routing and Switching certification, plus also passed either Security Cisco Network Devices Exams 642-551 or 642-552, but this is only valid through December 31st 2014.
Foe one to get certified for the CCNP Security, they need to pass the following exams
- 300-208 SISAS (Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solution)
- 300-206 SENSS (Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions)
- 300-209 SIMOs (Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions)
- 300-207 SITCS (Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions)
The 300-208 SISAs exam assess skills used by a network engineer of the structure and components of secure access by using 802.1x and Cisco TrustSec.
The 300-206 SENSS validates the knowledge of network security engineer to configure and implement security on Cisco network devices, and this includes the Cisco switch and router and ASA firewall.
The 300-209 SIMOs exam mainly tests the network security engineer on the various VPS solutions available at Cisco on the Cisco ASA firewall and also IOS software platforms. It also validates on proper implementation of the VPN technology.
The 300-207 SITC exam assess the applicant on the advanced firewall structure and also on the configurations with the next Cisco generation firewall, using access and identity policies.
Topics and skills tested in the CCNP Security exam
The CCNP security exam covers various topics; the candidate will be mainly tested on security in routers, networking devices, appliances and switches, specifically those used in network using equipment from Cisco. The following is an outline of the topics covered in the various exams of the CCNP Security exams:
1. Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solution
This exam covers the following topics and skills
- For one to identify management and secure access (take up around 33% of the exam)
- Get to learn on threat defence (takes around 10% of the exam)
- Understand troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting tools (7% of the total exam)
- Know about threat defence architectures (17% of the total exam)
- Design identity management architecture (33% of the exam)
2. Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions
The following are the topics tested in the 300-207 SITCS exam:
- Content Security (take around 22% of the exam)
- Understand more on Threat Defence (take around 23% of the exam)
- Describe more on devices GUIs and also Secured CLI (takes a total of 19%)
- Learn on troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting tools (takes 19% of the exam)
- Understand on Threat Defence Architectures (8% of the exam)
- Learn Content Security Architectures (takes 12% of the exam)
These are the various skills assessed I the 300-207 SITCS paper.
3. Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions
The following are the various skills and topics tested in the 300-209 SIMOS:
- One to be able to secure communication9 takes (around 32 % of the exam)
- Get to learn how to understand troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting tools. (takes 38% of the exam)
- Understand on how to secure communications architecture (30% of the exam)
These is the summary of the concepts concerned with the 300-209 SIMOs exam.
4. Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions
The following are the topics tested in the 300-206 SENSS
- Understand more on threat defence (about 25% of the exam)
- Learn about Cisco security devices GUIs and secured CLI management (25% of the exam)
- Expound on management services on Cisco devices (takes around 12% of the exam)
- Describe on troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting tools. (this takes 10% of the exam)
- Comprehend threat defence architectures (16% of the exam)
- Understand security components and considerations (takes around 12% of the exam)
These are the total skills that are tested in the 300-206 SENSS
These are the main exam topics that are tested in the CCNP Security exam. Once the candidate passes this exam, they will be awarded certification in this program. As a student who is preparing for this exam, you need to get a detailed analysis of the topics so as to understand what is required of you in the exam. Research is the best way of knowing what is required of you in the CCNP Security exam. By also getting past exam questions, one can adequately prepare for the exam. Also as a student, make sure to create a study schedule that will cover each topic so that you acquire the necessary skills to tackle the CCNP Security exam.
With one being aware of the skills that are checked in the CCNP Security, they will be able to prepare for the exam adequately. Different from most standardized and admission exams, the CCNP Security does not require one to refer to various study resources. The skills checked are common skills and abilities that are taught as you prepare for the certification paper. The exam will play a huge role in ensuring how your education future goes on. There are many reasons that students take this exam, whatever reason it may be, you will be able to knowand receive feedback on the strengths and weaknesses that have on particular skills.