MCITP: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator: Certification and skill building path
Certification: Microsoft MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator is a certification programme by the Microsoft Certified IT Professional. MCITPs 70-668 PRO Exam consists oftopics that covers SharePoint Integration, disaster recovery and business intelligence, drawing of architecture information among many others.
Interested candidates need to have at least an actual experience in SharePoint administration for at least 2 years. A good skill in designing, deployment and management is necessary and must have good knowledge with the following:
- IISS and DNS network infrastructures
- SQL mirroring
- Load Balancing
- Security Concepts
- Managing Active Directory
- Running Server 2008
The Required Exams are as follows:
- TS: (Configuring) Microsoft SharePoint 2010 -70667
- PRO: (Administrator) Microsoft SharePoint 2010 – 70-668
Courses available for Microsoft SharePoint Administrator 2010:
- Skills-Building Path- emphasis on skills training
- M10174 Configuring and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Certification Path- emphasis on Boot camps for quick certification
- MCITP Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administrator Boot Camp (M10231 and M10174)
Authenticating your skills with SharePoint 2010 is a good undertaking. Certifications in Information Technology are pre-requisites for most career opportunities to date. Organisations often look for this asset in resume evaluation. The knowledge you earned allows you to have an edge in terms of product background and technology. Certified SharePoint developers and administrators lets you earn above $80,000 according to statistic studies on salaries.
An Overview on Microsoft SharePoint 2010:
- Microsoft SharePoint is a software used for publishing web contents, portals and files
- Microsoft SharePoint is used by organisations for project collaborations
- SharePoint establishes organisational intranet websites
- A minimum bandwidth is required for file sharing
- Allows downloadable files such as Email for network efficiency
Popular SharePoint Professions:
- Architect for Solutions and Infrastructure
- SharePoint Power User
- SharePoint Business Analyst
- SharePoint Developer
- SharePoint Project Manager
- SharePoint Engineer
- SharePoint Administrator
What makes a SharePoint career a right choice:
- If you are willing to devote as much time to your profession
- If you are open to the fact that you will have an endless learning as your career is technology related
- If you like to work which involve analytical thinking
- If you are highly skilled at the computer and can adapt to new changes swiftly
For every MCTIP Certification specialisation, there are various exams on MCTS before finally taking the MCITP. A qualified MCITP SharePoint Administrator will have their skills known worldwide as this is a contemporary standard in the IT industry.
An overview on Path to Certification Programme:
The course consists of the latest concepts and security enhancements of SharePoint 2010 software. Administrators face daily challenges in managing bulk file contents coming in and out of the web system. This course will enable SharePoint farm administrators employ strategic solutions to handle the growing number of data crossing the databases. Specialised skills on Windows Poweshell and disaster recovery for lost content will be part of the modules.
In 2010, the SharePoint Foundation launched the latest application that took over the former 2007 version of SharePoint architecture that is designed for SSPs or Shared Service Providers. In line with this, Farm Wizard software allows configuration applications in new farm but on situations where it is unsuitable for usage, The 2010 SharePoint Certification Path course provides added skills to perform an alternative action.
The emphasis of the course is on the most suitable technique to execute in customising business solutions with the use of various the features on each package. Discussed below are the contents of the module:
- Introduction to SharePoint 2010
- SharePoint Installation
- Server Configuration
- Security Administration and Configuration in SharePoint 2010
- Establishing Web Applications and Configuration
- Windows PowerShell usage for Administrative Scripts Writing
- Applying Governance Plan to manage site collection growth
- Farm upgrade 2007-2010 SharePoint
- Search Server Configuration for SharePoint 2010
- Configuration on the Managed Metadata Services
- Operating the Business Data Connectivity Service
- User Profile Service Configuration
- Monitoring and Deployment of customised solutions
- Restoring lost data and recovery/ Backup plan
Pre-Requisites for Students:
Participants should be an experienced IT professional. Must be familiar with Windows network and Windows Server 2008 Installation and Configuration. A sufficient knowledge in SQL and Active Directory is an advantage as well as a user-level knowledge in SharePoint current and older version.
Classroom and Learning Plan Programme: 70-668
10231A- Designing MS SharePoint 2010 Architecture -5 days
LP688A- Learning Plan for MS SharePoint Administrator for Server 2010
Classroom and Learning Plan Programme: 70-667
LP667100- Learning Plan for MS SharePoint 2010 Configuration for Server
10174A- MS SharePoint 2010 Administration and Configuration – 5 days
Further Learning Suggestions:
- Actual Tutorials
- Online Video Tutorials
- User groups
Certification training programme have two general areas such as boot camps and day-courses. Most of the time, these courses last for about 7 days or less and may ask you to be available at least 8 hours per session. It usually combines lab activities and lecture that instill plenty of knowledge to your advantage.
There is no known single proper method for preparing for certification tests. Each one of us has our own ways to study and may be entirely different from the rest. Reviewing books from every page may work for you but may not serve the same purpose to another individual. Training courses, practical tests and online resources are regarded to be the most effective methods to date. Some books for learning are still essential to most of us. Microsoft Press offers various books for every test type. Searching for the right book may exhaust your time and effort as there are plenty of reads to choose from. It is recommended to search the books first through the Internet and take time to read the ‘reviews’ so you can have an overview of the advantages of its content. Training courses nevertheless remain the most efficient way to gain hands-on learning.
Related IT Guides
- How effective are MCITP Database Administrator, SQL Server 2008 Boot Camps
- How to prepare for MCITP SharePoint certification with online resources?
- Is MCITP: Virtualization administrator about to undergo changes?
- MCITP Database Developer 2008: Is self-preparation realistic?
- MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010: How 70-662 TS Differ From MCTS 70-663 PRO?
- MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange 2010: What Topics to concentrate on?
- MCITP Exchange Server: The Roadmap to better preparation