Detailed analysis of the tests CompTIA Network+ consists of
Certification: CompTIA Network+ - Network+
CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association), is a non profit organization, which was created in 1982. CompTIA provides variety of certifications in the field of information technology. CompTIA is the association which manages Initiative for Software Choice. Along with providing certifications CompTIA also provides corporate membership. In 2007, the American National Standards Institute provided accreditation to the CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+ certifications. In 2010, these certifications which are approved by ANSI/ISO changed their lifetime certifications to be expiring in three years.
CompTIA Network+ certification measures the skill of the professional as network technician which should have the knowledge of network hardware, its installation, troubleshooting. This certification of CompTIA came into being in 1999, and gets updated in every 3-4 years. The Network+ certification has 3 updates i.e. in 2002, 2005, and 2009. The 2009 version will expire in the month of August 2012. The Network+ certification of CompTIA can become the first of step for vendor specific certifications, like Microsoft MCSA and Cisco CCNA.
The certification is of international level, with being vendor specific, that when cleared by a professional shows that the technician is well competent in maintaining, managing, installing, troubleshooting, and how the basic network is configured. The certification by Microsoft also includes CompTIA Network+ certification in their MCSA program. It is recommended that the candidates who go for CompTIA Network+ should have CompTIA A+ certification also along with 9 months of experience. CompTIA Network+ certification provides candidates a solid foundation certification that allows them to build them a good fruitful career in the IT industry. The certification allows them to prove that they have basic as well as advanced knowledge in the field of networking. The Network+ certification allows them to have following skills:
- Basic concepts of networking, concepts, its theory and various networking methods.
- Ways of data delivery in networking.
- Hardware, cabling, and networking media
- The OSI model and various networking protocols
- Ways of networking in Operating System
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Basic concepts of networking security and PC security
Exam of Network+
The paper of CompTIA Network+ consist of topics like network technologies, network topologies and media, network tools, management, security, and devices. The candidates have total time of 90 minutes to answer 100 questions. The paper consists of multiple choice questions and questions based on the performance. The performance based questions will test the ability of the candidates to implement their knowledge in real life situations. The candidates are required to obtain minimum of 720 points out of 900 points to clear the exam and have the certification. After clearing the exam the candidates will have wide range of opportunities that will enhance their career graph. Every attempt of CompTIA Network+ costs 239$. The candidates could register themselves for the exam at Thompson Prometric center and Pearson VUE. The candidates will receive their score immediately on the completion of the test.
Question Pattern of Network+
The question paper of CompTIA Network+ consists of two types of questions:
- Multiple choice questions which have single answer, you have to choose the most appropriate answer to the question from a range of options by selecting a radio button.
- Multiple choice questions which have multiple answer, you are required to select the options that seems to be correct. The no of options that you have to select is specified.
- Performance based questions, this section requires the candidate to solve the question by solving the question in real It environment. This section requires special attention of the students.
Performance based questions
The performance based questions tests the skills f the candidate to be able to conduct a task or finding a solution to a problem in simulated IT environment. For each question the student is assigned a particular task or problem that he/she is required to solve. Then the candidate is provided the environment to solve the task. During the exam, the candidate should expect following to take place:
- The candidates will be instructed about the performance of the task or solving the problem
- Then the candidate is provided a simulated environment in which you have to complete the steps required.
- Sometimes the candidates get the performance based questions in the beginning giving them more time to answer.
- The candidate should manage their time wisely. The screen of theirs will have a virtual clock, allowing them to know how much time is left.
- In case you don’t feel like knowing the answer, skip that question and move to next question, despite of wasting time on one question. You can always come back and review the question. Your work on the paper is saved. So no need to worry.
- The various domains of the Network+ Exam covers a specific no of questions, like on scale of 100 questions there no will be, Network technologies will have 20 questions, Network topologies and media will have 20 questions, Network devices will have 17 questions, Network management will have 20 questions, Network tools will have 12 questions, Network security will have 11 questions.
This is the pattern of the exam of CompTIA Network+, which will help you grasp better, what is related to the CompTIA Network+ exam. He/she should be able to clear the test by implementing the knowledge and skills that are required for the Network+ certifications. Thus the certification will help the professional build their career from scratch if they have the courage to succeed. The certification is not easy to achieve but when you have it, it’s worth every effort you done. So go for it and achieve it. He/she should be able to clear the test by implementing the knowledge and skills that are required for the Network+ certifications. Thus the certification will help the professional build their career from scratch if they have the courage to succeed. The certification is not easy to achieve but when you have it, it’s worth every effort you done. So go for it and achieve it.